Budgeting and Banking
- Ten scams targeting customers’ accounts – FDIC
- Hands on Banking offers a variety of courses to help you take charge of your finances and learn strategies, tools, and information to achieve your goals.
- The Beehive has an easy online budgeting tool to help you create a household budget.
- Mint.com and Learnvest.com both provide free expense tracking services to help you organize and categorize your money so you know where it is going.
- If you have experienced challenges with a checking account in the past, you might be in the ChexSystems database. Financial institutions regularly contribute information on checking and savings accounts to this central location to help member organizations assess the risk of opening new accounts. Order a free copy of your ChexSystems report.
- “Tips for getting more out of your checking and savings” - FDIC.
Credit Repair and Credit Building
Dealing with Debt
- Debt.org provides information on getting out of debt, staying out of debt, and planning for the future. You can also contact a Debt.org counselor to get free, individualized advice on managing your debt.
- Build a personalized debt-elimination plan at Powerpay.
- Learn about your legal rights and responsibilities regarding debt at Nolo.
Saving and Goal-setting
- Feed the Pig has online lessons and activities to help you manage your money, master credit and debt issues, and set and achieve savings goals.
- Set up a free online piggy bank to save for specific goals at SmartyPig.com.
- Get help setting goals and sticking with them over time at stickk.com.
Tips about Managing your Checking Account